Tuesday, May 14, 2013
I just submitted my final project presentation. I made it actually a lot longer than I though it was going to be. Five minutes was the approximate time needed to present the project, but I took nearly 15 minutes. Sorry Professor Joseph. It didn't seem that long when I was recording it. Once I got started on talking about my project I just kept going and going. What made it easier to talk a lot about my project was that it had to do with baseball. I played baseball all my life and love the game so it didn't really feel like work to me when I had to make the presentation. I hope I added in enough details about my project that the viewers will be able to understand exactly what I meant by charting the stats. I explained how these particular stats are not "regular" stats, they are more in depth and really no use for the general public. This is because these stats are used to help a team have an "edge" in a game. Sadly, I did not complete my final prototype. The ideas were definitely there, the execution part however was not. Like I explained in my video, I "slacked off" during the semester so I fell really behind with the assignments for this class. Road trips for baseball, games, practices, and others classes just added on to the workload and to my obligation schedule. I could have completed it and put more effort in it, but sadly didn't. This will just be a learning lesson for me to just be persistent and to manage my time better. I did learn a lot from this class and it was very interesting in the process. Aloha.